Alberta Resume Writer
Building Resumes All Across Wild Rose Country!
Have built resumes for clients living in the following Alberta cities/ towns:
- Red Deer
- Fort McMurray
- Grande Prairie
- Sherwood Park
- St. Albert
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Peace River
- High River
- any many more!
Have built resumes for clients in the following Provinces:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- so close to stretching from coast to coast!
I’ve even had clients reach out to me from the United States:
- New York
- come on world- bring it on!
- Imperfection is Sexy May 5, 2019It’s been way too long since my last blog and I’m really mad at myself. I made a promise to write one blog every week. (The only exception was when I was on vacation. Sadly, I was not on vacation.) Forgetfulness or laziness or both got the better of me. I do not know if […]
- Can You Spare 20 Seconds? February 28, 2019Congratulations! Just by reading this article and taking a well-deserved break, when you get back to work, you will be able to: increase your speed, accuracy and performance! How? In a 2003 study, Balci & Aghazadeh found that the use of “micro-breaks” (ie. lasting 20-30 seconds) among data entry workers increased speed, accuracy and performance. […]
- If Only Every On-Boarding Program Had a Bob Steele February 11, 2019RE: This is an blog I wrote about four years ago. I came across it and thought I should really post it again.Over this last weekend, I found out that my friend, Bob Steele, passed away. My heart is breaking for his family. I am hurting too.In times like these, I’ve found it very difficult […]
- Ready, Aim, Hire! The Recruiter’s Silver Bullet February 8, 2019I’ve had the privilege of interviewing thousands of people in my Human Resources roles. That privilege afforded me a great opportunity to learn. I’d like to share a recruiting silver bullet with you now that I hope will bring you success.The silver bullet I’ll be sharing is not the job ad. You can write as […]
- The “Eat Crow and Love It” Challenge February 4, 2019Ever been scared to share an idea at a meeting? When it’s time to ask a guest speaker a question, do you keep your arm by your side instead of raising it in the air? Do millions of butterflies flutter furiously in the pit of your stomach at the very thought of speaking your mind […]
- The Best Job Interview Advice is NOT to be YOURSELF January 22, 2019I’ve read thousands of job interview advice posts. 99.99% of them say that there is only one word you need to be successful in a job interview: yourself. The first four letters are true. But the last four letters are not. Let me tell you why the 0.01% advice is 100% correct.Around ten years ago, […]
- The Soft Skill that Saved My Career January 17, 2019You ever wake up with a memory so crystal clear that it rocks the foundation of your soul? That happened to me this morning. The memory was of my late father and I’d like to share it with you now.I miss my Dad. He was my parent, mentor and friend. He passed away over eight […]
- Land That Next Job with Your Soft Skills January 15, 2019Good morning.I came across a great article the other day that you need to read. It was put out by the BBC. Sean Coughlan of the BBC reports that a researching firm estimates that 88 billion pounds are lost due to lack of soft skills of employees. 88 billion!This is an outrageous number for a […]
- Resumes… the Mistakes You Make January 9, 2019Good morning.I came across a great article the other day that you need to read. It was put out on LinkedIn by Laszlo Bock, SVP, People Operations at Google. The article is titled The Biggest Mistakes I see on Resumes and How to Fix Them. This is a must read because it is simple, practical, […]
- Never Underestimate the Receptionist in a Job Interview September 21, 2018In my past life as a Human Resources professional, one of things I did on a daily basis was interview people to see if he/ she would be a great fit for a job within my company. The ultimate hope was that during the interview, the person would be “100% authentic”. Simply put, the person […]